You know you played this on your C-64 or something when you were a kid. This is a very exacting clone that has all the features of the original (including simulated 8-bit graphics for the main character!) and then some. If you liked the original, you'll love this version as well.
and source code are provided AS-IS, and WITHOUT WARRANTY. These files
are licensed under the GPL. Please see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
for license details.
Toppler-1.1.6-1.zip, 3.9 MiB
(64-Bit Intel Binary, requires 10.6.x)
For those still running PPC machines, download the 1.1.1-1, binary, available here
Available on GitHub
Please note that this source is a patched version of Andreas'
official 1.1.3 source tree. While this source may still build on your
Linux box, Windows machine, etc., I cannot guarantee I didn't break
something. If you're compiling for something other than OS X, please
download the source from the official Toppler homepage, http://toppler.sourceforge.net
As always, make sure you thank Andreas Röver, the original author of this code, at the official Toppler website, http://toppler.sourceforge.net
- Updated to use the official 1.1.6 source code
- Now an Intel-only binary
- Updated to use the official 1.1.3 source code
- The default language selection in OS X now selects the language for Toppler
- A new mission David1
- New translations: Czech, Rumanian, Basque
- New background music included
- Updated with a universal binary. This now requires 10.4 to run properly.
- Fixed problem when running on 10.2 systems.
- Included Pasis 2 Towers
- New Finnish translation
- Updated French translation
- Joystick support (though I have no way of testing this...)
- In the level designer, elevators can now be made to pass doors
- There was a condition where the little green guy could get stuck
- A Windows bug with a strange .dll was fixed (not that this affects you..)
- Original OS X release package.
If you have questions,
problems, etc., with the binary, please don't email Andreas, as he is
not responsible for this port. Please send praise, problems, and flames