Updated Fish Fillets NG to 1.0.1. This version leaves out the PPC versions, since I don’t have a dev system that can build them any longer.
There is absolutely nothing that rates higher on the pain-in-the-ass scale than replacing the battery tray in an EFI Harley Sportster. Don’t ask why I needed to replace it; just never, ever do it. Take it to someone you can pay to suffer. ‘Cause it ain’t worth it.
But it’s in, and the Fuel Pak is still working, which is all I really wanted before the three hour finger slicing, plastic bending shit fest began.
The good news is that if you have installed XCode and are relatively familiar with it, you can easily rebuild it and it seems to work fine. Hopefully they’ll get this done and make it available for everyone since it’s fairly trivial.
1. Download the source .zip from Phoenix Labs.
2. Unzip it and follow the instructions in the “How to Build” file (getting the Growl framework and 7za.)
3. Replace libcrypto.0.9.dylib with libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
5. From the command line, run distbuild.sh to create a nice little .zip package just like you’d download from the web site.
6. Install like normal and enjoy.
If any of the above confuses you, you probably want to wait until the official build is available.
Hot damn! Apple is dropping the price of their iTunes Plus tracks from $1.29 to $.99, probably in direct response to Amazon’s MP3 store, which also offers DRM-free tracks at $.89 to $.99. I know I first check Amazon before getting something from iTunes - with no DRM and a cheaper price, it’s a no-brainer.
At least now the playing field is leveled slightly.